Dr. Swapan De presented in emergency with sudden cardiac death. Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation(CPR) given for more than half an hour and patient survived. Diagnosed to be a case of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with recurrent ventricular Tachycardia / Fibrillation with sudden cardiac death. Patient later taken to cathlab and implanted ICD (Implantable Cardiac Defrabrillator ) on 23.02.2012. Patient gone home and now absolutely okay.
As one of The Senior most Cardiologist of India he completed till date
. 3,000 Angioplasty,
. 15,000 Pace Maker Implantation,
. 20,000 Angiography,
. 4,000 EP (Electro Physiological) Study,
. 1,000 RFA (Radio Frequency Ablasion),
. 100 Devices (CRT & ICD)
1. Calcutta National Medical College & Hospital - Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery - MBBS, Medicine & Surgery
(1974 - 1982) Rank 250 in West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination at 1st attempt
2. SSKM & IPGMER Hospital, Kolkata - Doctor of Medicine - MD, General Medicine
(1983 - 1985) Rank 7 in MD Entrance Examination at 1st attempt
3. SSKM & IPGMER Hospital, Kolkata - Doctor of Medicine - DM, Cardiology
(1993 - 1995) Rank 1 in DM Entrance & Exit Examination
1. Indian Society of Electrophysiology
2. Association Physician of Indian Cardiological Society of India.
3. Life Member of Rotary Club of North Calcutta
1. Now full timer as Interventional Cardiologist, Apollo Multispeciality Hospital, Kolkata from February 2004.
2. As basic teacher in Cardiology in Medical College Hospital, Calcutta; NRS Medical College; SSKM; IPGMER, Calcutta
1. Cardiologist - Calcutta Medical College Hospital (Full Time)
Aug 1990 - Nov 1993 (3 yrs 4 mos)
2. Interventional Cardiologist - SSKM & IPGMER Hospital, Kolkata (Full Time)
Nov 1993 - Aug 1996 (2 yrs 10 mos)
3. Interventional Cardiologist - Ruby General Hospital (Full Time)
Sep 1996 - Aug 2001 (5 yrs)
4. Senior Interventional Cardiologist - AMRI Hospital (Full Time)
Sep 2001 - Jan 2004 (2 yrs 5 mos)
1. Interest in Music, Cricket, Football
2. Published few Papers in National Indexed Journals, Chaired many Sessions at National Level, Seminars.
A Reputed Psychiatrist and Head of the Department of a Psychiatric department of a Medical College for 16 years. He was associate Professor in Psychiatry.
M.Sc in Chemistry. Proficiency in Mathematics and Chemistry.Now Working as Assistant Head Mistress of a Govt. sponsored School.
1) Elder son got his MS from Rochester University and now working in a Bio Medical Device Research Company in California as Algorithm Scientist.
Titas De is a Computer Vision Engineer at The Wall Lab at Stanford who is working to successfully bring the Autism Glass Project to market use under the supervision of Dr. Terry Winograd and Dr. Dennis Wall. He has over 4 years of experience in computer vision and machine learning working on diverse set of applications. Prior to joining Stanford, Titas has worked at a medical device company focusing on using computer vision algorithms for effective blood management during surgeries and has 1 provisional patent under his name. He has always been interested in applying state-of-the-art technology to solve healthcare problems right from his undergrad days in India. He has a great deal of experience in the field of medical imaging working on different projects as part of his masters. While pursuing his research at University of Rochester under Dr. Axel Wismueller, Titas developed novel algorithms to correctly estimate the bio-mechanical strength of the proximal femur bone which eliminates the need for a traditional and costly mechanical analysis. He has already published a several papers related to that research. Titas got 4 patents by his name and couple of patents waiting for approval. Now he's working as principle Data scientist and manager in a India based company.
2) Youngest son completed Bio Medical Engineering from Manipal Engineering College, Manipal, Karnataka. He is now in a Government Job.
About Cardiologists : Cardiologists treat people with diseases or conditions of the heart and people who want to learn the risk factors for heart disease. A primary care doctor or family practice doctor can work with a cardiology specialist to diagnose, treat, and manage heart conditions and help people make heart-healthy lifestyle choices. Patients who are at risk for heart disease or have a history of heart symptoms may see a clinical cardiologist regularly. People with ongoing heart conditions, pacemakers, or frequent heart trouble are likely to see a cardiologist with a subspecialty.