• Present Posting : Professor, Unit Head,
Department of Gynaecology & Obstetrics, IPGMER (SSKM Hospital), Kolkata.
• President of Bengal OBST & GYNAE Society [BOGS] Under Federation of OBST-GYNAE Society of India (FOGSI).
• ADVISOR, PCPNDT CELL, GOVT OF WB. EDITORIAL ADVISOR in AL-AMEEN JOURNAL of MEDICAL SCIENCES a approved in PUBMED & WHO NML indexed
• Fellow Of International Medical Sciences Academy
• Fellow Of Indian College Of OB-GYN
• Fellow Of Minimal Access Surgery (Laparoscopic/Microsurgery)
• Fellow Of Indian Academy Of OB-GYN
• Secretary, Board of Studies, West Bengal University of Health Sciences
(Organizes, Conducts & Supervises both Undergraduates [MBBS] & Postgraduates [DGO/MS] Exams
& Curriculum of the University consisting of 15 Medical Colleges of the State.)
• EXAMINER of MBBS,DGO,MS, DNB & THESIS; not only of the State but of various top Universities across the Country including Banaras Hindu University, AIIMS & PGI, Chandigarh.
• Experience since Last 3 decades in guiding thesis of MD,MS & PHD Students (More than 60)
• Advisor to Govt. of West Bengal in implementing the PCPNDT ACT ( to Protect the Girl Child and to Prevent Female Foeticide)
• Excellent SURGEON & Popular TEACHER in his field (his way of Teaching is a real attraction among the students).
• Previous Important Assignments:
1) NATIONAL EDITOR, JOGI, FOGSI( 2011-14).
2) Peer reviewer of JOGI,JIMA , AJMS, OBST& GYNAE RESEARCH
• SKILLED Surgeon- known for taking up CHALLENGING and HIGH RISK operations
referred by/denied by other Gynaecologists.
• FAMOUS UROGYNAECOLOGIST (First Gynaecologist in EASTERN INDIA to popularise this particular subspecialty).
• Expert in dealing HIGH RISK PREGNANCIES (brings success after 5-6 Miscarriages). His expertise in tackling Medical Diseases in Pregnancy is appreciable. LUPUS is a disease where worldwide success of Pregnancy is hardly 40% but he is getting 90% success along with Dr. Alakendu Ghosh, a world renowned RHEUMATOLOGIST.
• Experienced and acclaimed SPEAKER- not only in different ACADEMIC FORUMS, STATE, National & International Conferences, but also in the media for public awareness (RADIO & TV CHANNELS).