Indrajit came up from a Bengali Joint Family where he was striving hard to build his career in Dance. Initially a spation for the subject may be into performe as a dancer in local festivals, where he performe as a item dancer in troops. His geniune aqumen in direction was being identified when he was directing small troops initially.
Indrajit's skill got more sharpen when he got guidance from late kabita Bakshi and late Animesh Bakshi. Later on Oscar Disuza ( Bollywood) renouned dance director guided him in film industry in the parts of film editing and in other technicals areanas.
Indrajit duly became a flagbearer in the bengali Film Industry ( Tollywood) as a dance Director. Here he carried his good jobs in several hit bengali Films as :
- Misti Madhur
- Sonam Raja
- Rupaban Kannya ( India & Bangladesh )
- Rangin Basanta
- Tumi Ja Amar
- Bangali Babu
- Shiva(India & Bangladesh)
- Ka Apan Ka Por
- Kartiker Biya
- Megh - Bristi - Aalo
- Sudhu Tomakey Bhalobashi
- Arjun Amar Naam
In this journey of Dance Director in Bengali Film Industry Indranil Achieved Uttam Kumar Award for his Dance Direction for the Film 'Shiva (2003) & Ka Apan Ka Por (2004). He is also a member of Cine Dancers Associations of West Bengal and also got affiliation from Govt. Of India as Cine Workers Welfare Fund.
He also paricipated in several Yatras.
Apart working as a Dance Director in Tollywood in last 25 years he participated in various stages with eminent stars like Jayaprada, Namrada Sirodkar, JOJO ( Bombay), Abhijit, Kumar Sanu, Tanusree Dutta, Babul Supriyo where he performed as a coreographer also.
Indrajit is also carrying on his good job in performing and as well as direction in different Indian Folk Dance along with Western Dance too. He is a creidable performer of different Indian folk Dance as follows:
- Rajastani Gharana Ghumar, Ginder, Babui, Churla, Moor Dance, Panihari Mathi & other Tribal dancers of Rajastan.
- Panjabi of Baishaki and also in Gidda and Bhangra.
- Gujrat - Kach Dance, Garba & Specialist in Dandia.
- Marathi - Mauli Marathi & Marathi Folks.
- Assonist - Behu.
- Madhya Pradesh - Lali Dance
- Rastriya Classical Dances
- West Bengal - Rabindrik Balley (Contemporary)
- Uday Sankar Style of attracting smooth dance mainly Swan Dance.
In Western Dances he is doing his good jobs in :
- American Hassle Dance - First Step of World, Maearina & Lombada.
- Ballroom Style, Rock, Break ( Locking), Waves & Poping, Salsa, Hip-Hops, ChaChaCha, Zaheb, Tango,
- Other Folk dances of South Africa, Colombo, Kenya, Brazil Specially in Samba
Indrajit is specialist in Dance at Marriage Parties, Tilak Package Party, Rangoli Holi Dhamaka.
He is an efficient event organizer of Corporate Parties, Orchestra, Tuner, Anchor, Item Dance, Group Dance.
He has a very good connectivity Bollywood and Tollywoods regular star performars in Acting, Playback Singer and Dancers which ensures him to arrange any type of Events. Experience 25 years and he is famous Organiser and goo setter in Songs & Dance.
He had many Stage performance with Bombay Famous Artists , Singer & Heroine Like( Kumar Sanu, Babul Supiryo, Abhijit Bhattachariya, Jaya Parda, Namrata Sirotkar, Bombay Famous Western Singer & Film Singer “JOJO”, Bappi Lahiri, Pop Singer Sibani Kayastap) in India, Bhubaneswar, Agartala, guwahati, Saltlake Stadium , Netaji Indore Stadium, Kalamandir, V idyamandir, Birla Sabaghar, Gyan Mancha etc.
He also performed at Bangladesh on 11th Januray, 2005, in Orchestra Dandia Singing & Dance Troupe