“Dr.Sankar Dasmahapatra is the best laparoscopic surgeon among all Laparoscopic surgeons in Kolkata. Dr.Sankar DasMahapatra has successfully performed more than 2000 laparoscopy surgery in Kolkata. Dr.Sankar DasMahapatra is the member of Indian Association of Gynaecology and Laparoscopy and has obtained advance training from different training centers across India, accredited from American College of Gynecologist & Obstetrician. He is associated with the best laparoscopy surgery centers and laparoscopy hospitals in Kolkata. If you want to know laparoscopy surgery in Saltlake Kolkata, feel free to discuss with Dr. Sankar Dasmahapatra Today!”
Laparoscopic surgery is also known by other names like
• Minimally Invasive Surgery
• Endoscopic Surgery
• Key Hole Surgery
It is the latest and best form of treatment available for Gynecological disorders requiring surgery (operation) performed by best laparoscopy surgeon in Kolkata in the best laparoscopic surgery hospitals in Kolkata.
Laparoscopic or “minimally invasive” surgery is a specialized technique for performing surgery. In the past, this technique was commonly used for gynecologic surgery and for gall bladder surgery. Over the last 10 years the use of this technique has expanded into intestinal surgery. In traditional “open” surgery the surgeon uses a single incision to enter into the abdomen. Laparoscopic surgery uses several 0.5-1cm incisions. Each incision is called a “port.” At each port a tubular instrument known as a trochar is inserted. Specialized instruments and a special camera known as a laparoscope are passed through the trochars during the procedure. At the beginning of the procedure, the abdomen is inflated with carbon dioxide gas to provide a working and viewing space for the surgeon. The laparoscope transmits images from the abdominal cavity to high-resolution video monitors in the operating room. During the operation the surgeon watches detailed images of the abdomen on the monitor. This system allows the surgeon to perform the same operations as traditional surgery but with smaller incisions.
In certain situations a surgeon may choose to use a special type of port that is large enough to insert a hand. When a hand port is used the surgical technique is called “hand assisted” laparoscopy. The incision required for the hand port is larger than the other laparoscopic incisions, but is usually smaller than the incision required for traditional surgery.
Hysterectomy total laparoscopic – Hysterectomy for various disorders of the uterus where the uterus has to be removed.
Myomectomy – For removal of fibroid (non cancerous ball like growth) from the uterus in case where uterus has to be preserved for future child bearing. Best Gynecologist Dr.Mahapatra executes Myomectomy surgery in kolkata at reasonable cost.
Adhesiolysis – Is removal of adhesions. Adhesions are bands of tissue which make organs stick to each other and cause a lot of pain and are responsible for many cases of infertility and chronic pelvic pain these are best removed laparoscopically.
Ovarian Cystectomy – Is removal of cysts from the ovary. Dr.Sankar Das Mahapatra best laparoscopic surgeon in Kolkata performs Laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy in Laparoscopy hospitals in kolkata.
Endometriosis – This is a condition which leads to a lot of menstrual (period) pain dysparenunia (painful intercourse) and infertility. This is the best treated Laparoscopically. Dr. Sankar DasMahaPatra performs Laparoscopic Endometriosis in Kolkata.
Ectopic pregnancy – Is pregnancy outside the uterus in the tube or ovary is best handled Laparoscopically especially when future child bearing is desired by the patient.
Polycystic Ovarian Drilling – PCOD is soon becoming an epidemic in India and is a major cause of infertility drilling these large ovaries (in selected cases) often restores fertility. Discuss with Dr.Sankar DasMahapatra for Poly cystic ovary pcod treatment in kolkata.
Diagnostic laparoscopy for infertility.
Diagnosticlaparoscopy for Chronic pelvic pain.
Redical hysterectomy – Today even Cancer surgery is best done through laparoscopic hysterectomy surgery in Kolkata.
The Advantages Of Laparoscopic Surgery Over Conventional Surgery…
Pre operatively only 8 hours of fasting is required by the patient and no enema or bowel preparation except in high risk cases this makes patients very comfortable preoperatively. Patients need to get admitted into the best Laparoscopic surgery hospital in Kolkata only on the day of surgery and can be at home one night before so are more comfortable facing the surgery.
• It gives rise to minimal tissue handling and much less tissue trauma to the other adjacent normal organs resulting in very minimal pain after the operation.
• 2-3 very small incisions of 0.5 – 1.0 cm are given on the abdomen resulting in less amount of blood loss, less post operative pain, less chances of wound infection, early healing of wound.
• Blood loss is very less because even the smaller blood vessels are directly visualized on the T V monitor with the magnified view provided by laparoscope.
• As the abdominal incision is very short and the operative work is very specific with minimal blood loss, the chances of post operative infection are very less.
• The hospital stay is usually 1 – 3 days even for the major operations like Hysterectomy while in case of conventional surgery the same procedures will require 5 – 7 or even more days of Hospital stay.
• The recovery time for the patient is very less and they can resume their normal day to day activities in a period of 1 – 2 weeks while in case of conventional surgery the recovery period is quite long and can extend to 6 – 8 weeks or more.
• For infertility patients laparoscopic surgery for infertility in kolkata has come as a boon as with minimal tissue handling, minimal bleeding and much less chances of adhesion formation after the operation, the chances of achievement of pregnancy are much greater then that attained by the conventional surgery.
• As far as the total expenditure of the patient is concerned, laparoscopic surgery is low cost than the conventional surgery.
• Very small incisions on abdomen are much more cosmetic with very little scarring.
• The powerful xenon light source inserted with the laparoscope lights up the area to be operated and helps the surgeon operate better.
• The laparoscope (Telescope) magnifies the area to be operated 5 – 20 times and so very specific area can be seen very clearly (much better then the naked eye can see at open surgery) and the laparoscopic surgeon in kolkata can operate better.
• Even very small bleeders can be checked at the end of the surgery by the gyne laparoscopic surgeon. As no blood is left behind at the end of the Key hole surgery in kolkata patient feels very little pain and the chances of infection are also minimal.
Best laparoscopic surgeon Dr.Sankar DasMahapatra performs all his laparoscopic surgery in best laparoscopy hospitals in kolkata. You can ask Gynaecological Laparoscopic Surgeon Dr.Mahapatra for recommendation.
If one has been advised an operation for some Gynaecological disorder, it is better to consult with Dr.Sankar Dasmahapatra Gynaecological Laparoscopic Surgeon in kolkata for undergoing Laparoscopic surgery.
Take an appointment from the best gyne laparoscopic surgeon Dr.Sankar DasMahapatra. Before the consultation, it is always advisable to take all the relevant papers, investigation reports along with the Ultrasound / X-Ray report if available, and the previous treatment reports (if any) to show to her, so that Laparoscopic surgery doctor in Kolkata can plan your treatment accordingly.
After thorough examination of the patient and carrying out relevant investigations, the operative laparoscopy technique is decided for the patient and it is explained to the patient and her relatives in detail. All the queries regarding the operation are discussed with the patient and a specific date (depending upon various factors like the menstrual cycle status of the patient etc.) is finally set for operative laparoscopy.
Laparoscopic surgery is as safe as traditional open surgery. At the beginning of a laparoscopic operation the laparoscope is inserted through a small incision near the belly button (umbilicus). The surgeon initially inspects the abdomen to determine whether laparoscopic surgery may be safely performed. If there is a large amount of inflammation or if the surgeon encounters other factors that prevent a clear view of the structures the surgeon may need to make a larger incision in order to complete the operation safely.
Any intestinal surgery is associated with certain risks such as complications related anesthesia and bleeding or infectious complications. The risk of any operation is determined in part by the nature of the specific operation. An individual’s general heath and other medical conditions are also factors that affect the risk of any operation. You should discuss with your surgeon your individual risk for any operation
Kanchangangha Apartment, Teghoria Main Road, VIP Road Junction, Kolkata - 700 157, West Bengal, India.
Timing: Every Evening, 5-9 PM.
Powered By :