Address : 16/1 Deodar Street, Kolkata -700 019, West Bengal, India.
Telephone : 2485-2284 (009133)
Mobile no.: 9903418511 (009133)
Fax no.: 24753767 (009133)
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Received "Sangeet Prabhakar" title for Kathak from Prayag Sangeet Samiti, Allahabad, in 2007. Placed in First Division with distinction.
- Received "Visharad" title for Kathak (Theory and Practical) from Bhatkhande Sangit Vidyapith, Lucknow, in 2008. Placed in First Division.
- Received "Nrityaprabha" title from Bengal Music College, Kolkata with First Division and stood first in the year 2001.
- Learned Bharatnatyam and Manipuri, other two Indian classical dance forms from well known 'Gurus' for four years. At present learning Odissi.
- Well versed in all the folk dances of India.
OTHER ACADEMIC ATTAINMENTS :
- Passed School Final Examination (West Bengal Board of Secondary Education) with First Division in 2004.
- Passed Higher Secondary Examination (West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education) with First Division in 2006.
- Completed graduation in history honours with First Division from Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
TEACHING EXPERIENCE :
From the year 2007 teaching Kathak and folk dances at Bengal Music College, the oldest and the most prestigious institute of Kolkata..
- Famous exponent of Kathak, Smt. Surangama Dasgupta teaching for 17
years and still continuing.
- Smt. Mohona Iyer gave lessons in Bharatnatyam.
- Learned Manipuri from Smt. Bibavati Devi & Smt. Pavitra Devi for four years. Done workshop and performance under Smt. Darshana Zhaveri in Manipuri.
- Learning Odissi from Smt. Arundhuti Mukherjee.
PERFORMANCE AND CHOREOGRAPHY :
- Given many performances at Kolkata and also at other places since 1990.
- Given several performances in Kolkata and outside since 1991. Warmly applauded by the media.
- Visited Germany in 2000, gave recitals and in Berlin, Cologne, Frankfurt, Essen, Heidelberg, Geissen, and Paderborn. Also conducted workshops in Cologne and Marburg. Her Recitals were highly acclaimed.
- Performed in a unique ballet (conceived and choreographed by Surangama Dasgupta) in Kathak style based on the poems and songs of the great German poet, Heinrich Heine. This recital was performed at Max Mueller Bhavan, Indian Museum (during the German Festival in India), Mahajati Sadan, Gyan Mancha and other places. It was highly praised by the connoisseurs and the media. Parts of this programme were also telecasted.
- Performed in Shakespeare's Macbeth in Indian Classical Dance form (choreographed by Surangama Dasgupta). She is the first one to present Macbeth in dance drama style, which was highly acclaimed by the media.
- Performed with the IPTA (Bharatiya Gana Natya Sangha) songs in Kathak and folkdance form, which was widely praised by the mass.
- Presented German poet Goethe's West-Oestlicher Divan in Indian classical dance style at the German Consulate in Kolkata.
OTHER ATTRIBUTES :
- Organised Fests at Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
- Elected as the General Secretary of the Arts Faculty Students' Union, Jadavpur University in the year 2008.
- Elected as the Vice-Chairperson of the Arts Faculty Students' Union, Jadavpur University in the year 2009.
LANGUAGES KNOWN :
Bengali, Hindi and English.