DR. DHIMAN KAHALI
Senior International Consultant Cardiologist
- 1987 - IPGMER, Kolkata University - West Bengal - D.M. Cardiology
- 1983 - IPGMER, Kolkata University - West Bengal - Diploma in Cardiology
- 1982 - R.G.Kar Medical College. Kolkata University - West Bengal - M.D.(Gen. Medicine)
- 1977 - R.G.Kar Medical College. Kolkata University - West Bengal - M.B.B.S.
Trained at SSKM Hospital & IPGMER. Kolkata, in Coronary Interventions and BMV. Started practicing PTCA in B M Birla Research Center. Kolkata in September 1989. Currently performing about 50 Angioplasties per year, which includes multi vessel stenting. Doing peripheral vascular and
Carotid intervention on regular bases. Mortality is very low 0.4 PC in last 1000 consecutive angioplasties. Has done successful angioplasty in patents aged 23 yrs. upto 94 yrs. with excellent long term results.
PAPERS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Four Articles in JIMA October 2009 issue , & Guest Editor in JIMA October 2009 .
- Presented Paper on LMCA Stenting in CCT Kobe, Japan in 2008 as International Guest Faculty .
- June 2004: Chaired session on Guideline Formulation in ACS Kolkata. India.
- Topic: LMWH to be used in acute coronary syndrome in PCI in post infarction angina in Indian perspective
Place - ITC - Sonar. Kolkata.
- February 2004: Chaired session on Interventional Cardiology in CAD
meet at Mumbai. India.
- October 1999: Poster Publication presentation at the 3rd International
Heart Failure Summit held in Cleveland Hospital. Ohio. USA on 2n
- Topic: Low 4 year mortality rate in severe heart failure cardiac patients treated medically
- 1982-83: Three paper published in ASIA PACIFIC JOURNAL OF CARDIOLOGY.
- Hyponatremia is a good indicator of mortality following Acute MI.
- Hypomagnesimia in acute MI and prognosis
- Predictors of mortality in Acute MI
- Primary Investigator International Clinical Trial on Enoxaparin during acute PCI-RIVIERA TRIAL Presented in ESC, 2009.
- In Management of Hypertension in the light of recent trials published in journal CSI annual issue - 2009 Review Article.
- Guest editorial on AMI in JIMA in October 2009.
- Tenactiplase phase 3 trial in India Primary Investigator published in CSI Journal 2008
Clinical research experience : 3 yrs.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome – ACS with Prasegrel - Phase – III, 40 patients
- Acute Coronary Syndrome – ACS cure trial - Phase – IV, 65 patients
- Chronic Heart Failure – Phase – III, 20 patients
- Stent trial – Phase – III, 10 patients
- ‘SIGNIFY’ International trial on Ivabradine in CAD Patients
- Vista International Trial in ACS patients
- Tuxedo trial comparing …………………….
- Pan arrhythmia trail on Pacemakers
- ‘PALAS’ International Study on Dronedarone in Chronic Persistent atrial fibrillation patients
- ‘VALIDATE’ International trial on DDD pacemakers.
Member International cardiology Forum (ICF)
- Life Member of Cardiological Society of India (CSI)
- Past Executive committee member of CSI .
- Life Member of Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Programme in Charge Postgraduate Course in 10 Nov' - PGDCC Course
SCHOLORSHIPS & AWARDS
- First in Diploma in Cardiology. Kolkata University, 1983.
- 1st certificate in Honors in Forensic Medicine. 1976.
- Gold Medal in Honors in Ophthalmology, 1976.
- Gold Medal and First in Pharmacology, 1975.
- Nandulal Goopta University Scholarship in Pharmacology, 1975.
- Awarded national Science Talent Search Scholarship, 1969.
- Awarded Gandhi Centenary Certificate of Scholarship, 1969.
- Invited as Faculty in TCT Asia Pacific 2008. Seoul.
- Faculty in Shawl Cardiovascular Institute & Research Centre 2008, Dubai.
- Faculty in CCT 2008. CCT 2006. CCT 2004 Japan.
- International Expert in "International Cardiology Forum" Meet in Lisbon 2007.
- Faculty in JIM 2006. Italy.
- Guest Faculty in CCT,KOBE, JAPAN 2009
- Guest Faculty in Singapore Live 2005.
- Attended Euro PCR in Paris 2004. 2002 & 2001.
- Attended Euro PCR in France May 2000 & 1999, Guest Faculty in Europe in May, 2011
- Attended ICF in Budapest. Hungary Sept'00 for Guideline formulation
for treatment of ACS.
- Attended TCT 1997 Washington DC.
- Attended international meet on CAD in Geneva, Switzerland in Sept'99 ICF.
- Attended ICF Cannes, France Sept’98 IAF
- Attended ETC Paris in France 1999 & Paris May 1998.
- Guest Faculty in NIDUS,SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA Avg.2008
- Invited as an International Expert in ICF. Meet, Athens, Greece Oct3-4.2008 Faculty
- Invited as Faculty of The year in CCT. Japan 2010.
Invited Guest faculty in Bihar CSI Meet (CARDIOCON) Mar 08.
- Invited Guest faculty in 3rd AMI Course New Delhi 2008.
- Guest faculty in PTCA Registry Kolkata, April 2008.
- Presented Paper in CSI - National Interventional Council Annual Meet in Dec'07.
- Presented Paper on LMT Stenting & Published in CSI Update Meeting in Oct'07.
- Executive member CSI since 2004 - 2006.
- Guest Lecturer in CSI in Kolkata , 9th and 10th October2004.
Guest Faculty in National Interventional Council of CSI Meet April 2008, 2006 , 2005
- Guest Faculty in CSI UPDATE , KOLKATA OCT , 2008
- Guest Faculty in CSI. India , Dec.2008
- Guest Faculty in CSI, India , Dec.2007
- Guest Faculty iii CSI, India , Dec.2006
- Guest Faculty in CSI , India , Dec.2005
- Guest Faculty in CSI Update Kolkata 2009
- Faculty in CSI, Kochi in 2009 , Chaired session with Dr Lionel Opie as Guest Speaker.
- Course Co-Director in India - Live. Delhi in 26-28 Feb 2010.
- Guest Faculty India Live Feb, 2011
- Guest Faculty, CAD MEET, Pune, 2011
- Guest Faculty, CSI Conference, Dec 2011